Home Care for Maine is seeking a Staffing Coordinator who will be responsible for effective scheduling of consumer services, while ensuring consumer satisfaction is achieved. Responsibilities include the following:
- Schedule consumer visits according to care plan and staff availability.
- Obtain and verify consumer authorizations from funding source(s) prior to staffing consumer hours.
- Develop good working relationships with consumers, families, Direct Care Workers and outside entities.
- Support Direct Care Workers through effective communication, responsiveness and problem solving.
- Develop a working knowledge of Home Care for Maine’s processes and funding sources to ensure optimal scheduling for consumers and Direct Care Workers.
- Identify and report barriers of staffing to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Review care plans with Direct Care Workers, giving careful explanation of individual consumer circumstances, home environment and other crucial information to ensure staff is well informed of consumer needs.
- Counsel staff to ensure agency rules and policies are followed; provide coaching as warranted.
- Uphold role as mandated reporter by assisting staff with reporting of abuse/neglect to appropriate entities.
- Provides on-call coverage during nonbusiness hours as needed.
Education, Training and Experience
- Associate’s degree in a related field preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Ability to successfully interact with people in a professional manner, in face-to-face situations, as well as by telephone
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Adherence to agency confidentiality and privacy practices; ability to exercise discretion
- Home care/scheduling experience preferred
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Home Care for Maine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.