Home Care for Maine is looking for an experienced Finance Coordinator who has a proven track record for managing competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment. Under the general supervision of the Controller, the Finance Coordinator performs the day-to-day accounts receivable and billing routines on the computerized accounting system and is part of the finance team processing payroll every other week.
• Conducts all communications in a polite, respectful manner.
• Communicates effectively with consumers, family members, coworkers, referring agencies, other providers and other outside entities as needed; returns calls within same business day or no later than 24 hours.
Payroll: Measure: 95% of timesheets are verified and processed correctly.
• Acceptance, addition and verification of timesheets with concurrent entry into computerized accounting system. Integral participant in the payroll process.
• Processes & verifies timesheets and mileage reimbursement requests for Direct Care Workers (DCW) following HCM policy/procedures
Accounts Receivable: Measure: Timely completion of
Eligibility 100% Timely download of authorizations 100% Accurate sharing
of information on authorization changes 95% Timely submission of all
claims and bills to multiple funding sources 100%.
• Ensures the timely filing of billing invoices and timesheets, and billing related papers for Long Term Care Insurances, Private Pay consumers and any other similar requests.
• Creates and uploads consumer eligibility verification batch to MIHMS portal each day and reviews any issues with consumer eligibility daily. Notification to appropriate staff of eligibility status change when applicable.
• Monitoring and entering service authorizations across funding sources, including the entering of “dummy” service orders into the computerized accounting system.
• Monthly inactivate service orders in the computer system and run expired service authorizations for several funding sources.
• Research/reviews and saves service authorizations for each MIHMS consumer daily from the MIHMS portal.
• Processes and prints monthly/bi-weekly consumer statements, spreadsheets, and bills.
• Process, track and maintain the following: consumer refunds and escrow accounts.
• Submission of billing to referral agencies and resolution of billing discrepancies within contract deadlines and parameters.
• Registering the consumer for Long Term Care (LTC) insurance and verifying their insurance coverage.
• Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and consumer to get a claim processed and paid.
• Reviewing and appealing current unpaid and denied claims.
• Managing the facility’s Accounts Receivable reports.
• Answering consumer billing questions and creating, printing and mailing documentation for consumers, insurance companies, or other entity.
• Collecting and processing payments via cash, credit card or check.
• Provides finance reports as requested by members of management.
• Supports payroll and billing processing and related tasks.
• Miscellaneous duties including: filing, photocopying, and other clerical tasks as needed. • Supports the mission and values of Home Care for Maine.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – A.S. in Business/Accounting or equivalent work experience. – 2-4 years billing experience (healthcare/homecare a plus) – 1 year payroll experience – Ability to work individually and as a member of a team. – Detail oriented & self-motivated. – Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge: i.e. Word and Excel, Crystal Reports, billing systems and MIHMS portal experience preferred – Keyboarding experience (50 keystrokes per minute preferred)
Ready to join our team? Apply today!