The Area Coordinator conducts in-home reviews to ensure that consumers receive high quality service that complies with Home Care for Maine and State/Federal program policies and procedures.
This is currently a part-time position (approximately 24 hours per week), with potential for full-time based on anticipated growth in the geographic area. Work is performed remotely, and requires extensive travel within northern Maine.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Schedules and conducts initial and follow-up home visits to consumers to evaluate the home environment, care needs, safety concerns, consumer satisfaction, Direct Care Worker performance, and compliance with applicable Home Care for Maine (HCM) and State/Federal program requirements.
- Works closely with HCM staff and consumer’s support network to ensure smooth coordination of care.
- Schedules and conducts in-home supervision of Direct Care Workers to ensure they are adequately trained and supported in the field. Provides positive and corrective feedback based on findings.
- Represents HCM in handling consumer or referral source complaints. Assists and communicates with Clinical Manager on all employee and consumer-related issues.
- Acts as a liaison between the consumer, referral sources, and collateral agencies involved with care. Builds and maintains effective relationships with provider agencies and other referral sources as needed.
- Assists the Clinical Manager with training and supervision of Direct Care Workers by reinforcing policies and procedures, and providing hands-on training and in-home supervision.
- Develops a service plan and secures emergency contact and contingency plan for each consumer.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in social services, human services, or healthcare related field; equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Knowledge of medical terminology and experience with electronic medical records
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to practice sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Valid Maine driver’s license and auto insurance, dependable transportation
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle and criminal background check
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.